Jake Has started to ask questions about relationships and family. Why doesn't so and so talk to so and so I don't understand because we love them. Etc. good questions I don't really know answers to. I'm honest to him about not always knowing. And he says well mommy I'll call you every day to ask how you are and tell you I love you. Heart melting and breathing in this memory and moment. I then asked if he could give that to me in writing. He says I can't write all that but I promise. :) so sweet. I love this boy.
I know there are ups and downs of parenthood and I sometimes feel like there aren't that many rewards but hearing those things makes the rough moments bearable.
Today he helped his friend ruby. His girlfriend of three years up the stairs with cerebral palsy then he preceded to help take off her coat and hat and hang it up. Sweetest thing in the world. I can learn a thing or two from him.
When teachers and babysitters tell me we have great kids it makes me think maybe I'm doing something right. Instead of when I'm repeating for the 5th time to flush the potty and wash hands or eat with your mouth shut or with a utensil. Haha.
Wednesday, March 5, 2014
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment