Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Good deeds

We try to teach our kids to be nice to others and do good deeds.

After jakes party we had left over pizza. We gave it to the staff that helped us with the party. Haley came with me and she got to see how grateful people were. They weren't needy and we didn't have to do it. It was just a simple act of kindness and Haley really liked how it made her feel and the people she did something nice for. After wards she came up to me and said that it was a really nice thing to do and I said yes it was and that it was nice she helped me.

I try to teach by example. Sometimes
I feel at a loss that they aren't getting it. Like this morning when they are kicking each other in their snow pants and we are five minutes late. But I still put them in time out for saying they hate each other. But then I have to think about the pizza moment. Or moments when jake helps ruby his friend with cerebral palsy down the stairs. Or holds Nathan's hand and sticks up for him when people are saying mean things. I want to remember those and not the shouting.

No comments:

Post a Comment