Wednesday, March 7, 2018

Good deeds

So we have always tried to do a good deed a day and I haven't done a good job about documenting them. Kids think i should try blogging them more. But recently here is what the kids have done.

Haley saw her friend jasmines lunch box in lost and found and returned it to her.

Jake found his friend Christopher's ukulele left after school and ran and put it in his locker.

Jake stuck up for a friend who was getting picked on. He also stopped a disagreement and scuffle between two kids and got in the middle.

Haley also helped a friend learn her lines for the play.

Watching these kids do good things for their friends warms our hearts. We want them to be good people. We don't care how well they test on their MAP tests in third grade. We want them to be kind and caring. It's not about being the smartest and best. It's about just being a good person. And when they aren't bickering with each other and doing good deeds for others - this makes me feel like I'm doing something right even though I question it all the time.

They handle tough situations so much better than I ever did and even at almost 40 they have so much grace and courage going about things. I'm just so proud of them.

Yes they are silly and kids. Haley has a new love of street fighter video games and kicking someone's butt. And Jake loves throwing a ball around and making farting noises. But when they need to be - they are really good kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment